Monday, October 13, 2008

Stupid Dentist, stupid teeth, stupid braces, stupid-ok I'll stop now

I have braces. Blue ones. Tiny metal chips all lined up on my upper teeth. 
It sucks. 
You'd think that I'd have time to get used to it (I got it on Sunday), but it still feels very... strange. 
I guess I'll just talk about the day I got it. 
We left at 2:00. Our appointment was at 3, but my mom wanted to go early in case I was late. Which was very unnecessary, as I arrived there at 2:30. 
I didn't have any lunch, because I woke up at like 10 and wasn't hungry, but my mom wanted me to eat something so she went out to buy some bread, etc. Though really, it turned out THAT wasn't necessary either. 
The dentist called me to come, and I went to sat down in the scary dentist chair. He lowered the chair down, gave my teeth a check, and then proceeded with the braces. 
He stuck this huge plate thing filled with what looked like orange play-doh into my mouth. My fricking mouth. And it hurt. Then he waited a few seconds, and took it out. Apparently it molded into the shape of my teeth. 
Please let that not be playdoh. 
Then he told me to open my mouth, which I did, and then he stuck this huge weird contraption into my mouth which made me hold it as big as I can. After that he stuck those dental tools and dried my mouth completely, apparently, 'cleaning' it. 
His assistant took out what looked like this weird syringe thing (as in for shots) and I panicked. Were they going to give me a shot in my mouth?! 
Then the dentist told me that it wasn't for shots it was just for putting glue onto my teeth. It wasn't going to hurt at all. 
Phew. 
After putting the glue on most of my teeth on the front row, he showed me a bag of colorful rubber bands for the braces. I chose blue. Black looked like cavities and red looked like blue. I didn't want green on my teeth, and I though silver and white a bit boring. So yeah. 
He (the dentist) starting fixing up the bands onto the metal chips and asked his assistant for what looked like more glue stuff. Then they'd put glue on it, and stick it on my teeth. Just as they finished, I was happily praying to God that I could take the contraption out of my mouth because it was really stretching it. 
Unfortunately they told me that I had to sit, with my mouth open, on the chair for 20 minutes. I wanted to murder them. 20 frickin minutes! But I sat there anyway. 
After 20 LONG minutes they took the contraption mouth, which felt like heaven. The dentist grabbed out a packet and opened it. He slid out what looked like.... long, sharp, metal needles.  Oh please no, I thought, let they NOT be sticking those into my mouth. 
It turned out that they were the wires for the braces. I watched anxiously, as he curved the wire around the now dried play-doh mold (so that's what it was for!) and when it was ready, curved it around my teeth through the metal chips. 
The afterwards affect felt strange. I couldn't really talk, and the dentist said that I could eat nuts, hard stuff, or very sticky and chewy stuff. That meant no hard dark chocolate. Sigh. 

And that was how the dentist appointment went. 
My mom went to buy some expensive dental equipment, while my brother screamed in my ear, saying that he wanted to go to the Hot Springs. 
And now i can hardly eat. 
Ah well. 

Bloody Aerona, 

2 comments:

Ikigami said...

... do u mean you can eat those stuff or u couldn't cause I think you made a mistake.

When I got my braces done, it felt like REALLY BAD!!! I couldn't eat for 1 f*cking week!!! And I'm pretty sure if you listened carefully you could here something along the lines of
-dentist: okay, lets just stuff this in

-assistant: sure, now where does this thing point to...

Zap!!!

-dentist: you idiot!?!? where did you fire that thing at!!! lets just say we had an UNEXPECTED trouble and will take a couple more hours.

-assistant: okey dokey,but one more thing, we have no more of this guey stuff to get the mould.

-dentist: I guess we can substitute with this thing which happened to be in a bag...

-assistant: ,... which has a label saying 'waste in here'?

dentist-:shh!! we don't want that parent and kid to hear, people nowadays, when I was a kid we were just told what to do and nobody made a fuss except for the guy who claimed he ate dog poo and was right.

Or something like , that , For a moment I thought they were going to kill me unless they had that 'INspected and certified by the CHINESE government' tag on their chest.

Wei-Wei said...

hahahahhaahah tenshi